Chickpea burgers with spicy tomato salsa. If you get a chance to try these Spicy Chickpea Veggie Burgers, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily Find a Recipe! Balsamic Tomato Salad with Cucumber and Onion.
Serve topped with the tomato salsa. A simple veggie burger with a nice kick of spice. Serve with a zesty mango salsa for a snack that's full of flavour. You can have Chickpea burgers with spicy tomato salsa using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chickpea burgers with spicy tomato salsa
- It’s 400 g of tinned chickpeas.
- It’s of Zest of 1 lemon and juice of half the lemon (a save other half).
- It’s of Curry powder.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of fresh coriander (save other half).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 of of a red onion (save other half).
- You need of Olive oil (or any other flavourless oil).
- Prepare 100 g of breadcrumbs (fresh if possible).
- It’s of The salsa.
- You need 4 of large fresh tomatoes, cored.
- You need of Other half of red onion.
- You need 3 of large garlic cloves.
- You need 2 of large red chillies, deseeded if you don't want it too hot.
- It’s of Other half of the coriander.
- You need of Juice of other half of lemon.
- It’s 2 tsp of curry powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of caster sugar.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
Drain the chickpeas and tip them into a bowl. Add the curry powder and breadcrumbs, season with salt and pepper, then mash together using a potato masher or fork. Spiced chickpea patties combined with the sweetness of corn all finished off with a smoky tomato sauce. Butternut squash and chickpeas burger with tomato salsa, spinach, roast courgettes and avocado.
Chickpea burgers with spicy tomato salsa step by step
- In a food processor whizz together the chickpeas, lemon juice, 1 and a half teaspoons of curry powder, coriander, the egg, red onion and 1 tbsp of oil until it forms a smooth paste..
- In a large bowl put 80g of the breadcrumbs and the lemon zest. Add the chickpea paste and squidge the paste and breadcrumbs together with your hands until fully combined..
- Split the mixture into 4 equally and form 4 burger patties with your hands. The thickness and size is totally up to you..
- Gently press each pattie in the remaining breadcrumbs until lightly coated, if you need more breadcrumbs that's fine. Chill the patties in the fridge for at least 10 minutes..
- While the patties are chilling, make the salsa. Very simply just put all the ingredients in a food processor and whizz until your desired consistency is achieved. Some people like chunky salsa and some like it smoother. You can see the consistency that I went for in the picture below..
- Remove the patties from the fridge. You can cook them in a variety of ways. I cooked them on the barbeque, but you can cook them under the grill or in a pan. Cook for approx 4 minutes on each side or until they start to go crispy and golden..
- Get a burger bun and place the pattie on the bottom half. Add as much salsa as you would like on top of the pattie. Then add some crispy fresh lettuce, iceberg is best. Then put the top half of the burger bun on top and enjoy..
- You can use any leftover salsa as a dip or other on burgers..
Spicy vegan burgers with rice, chickpeas and herbs. These falafels with chickpeas come paired with a spicy tomato salsa. Add a salad and you have satisfying, substantial meal. Sun dried tomatoes give these beef burgers a Mediterranean flair. They are topped with a spicy tomato salsa with capsicum and green chillies.