Mike's Easy Chile Verde Sauce.
You can have Mike's Easy Chile Verde Sauce using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Easy Chile Verde Sauce
- Prepare of Chile Verde Sauce.
- Prepare 2 lb of Pork [purchase pre-cut in 1" cubes].
- It’s 1 of 12 oz Hot Or Mild Bueno Chopped Hatch Green Chile [use 3/4 bucket initially and reserve the rest until end].
- You need 1 each of If you can't find Hatch Chiles Use 1 Of These Or Mix & Match: 4 4oz Cans Green Chiles – Or 8 Extra Large Jalapeños – Or 8 Large Mira Sol Chilis – Or 8 Large Poblanos – Or 8 Large Anaheim Chiles [chopped-seeds left in are optional for additional heat].
- You need 2 box of 32 oz Chicken Broth [you may not need all].
- You need 1 can of 12 oz Tomatillos [drained-smashed].
- It’s 1 of Extra Large White Onion [chopped].
- It’s 1 small of Can Rotell Tomatoes & Green Chiles.
- You need 1 cup of Chopped Celery [with leaves] [optional].
- Prepare 1 cup of Fresh Cilantro [chopped-loosely packed].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of Mexican Oregano.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cumin [reserve 1/2 tbs for end].
- You need 3 medium of Potatoes [small cubed-peels on].
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Additional Fresh Cilantro [reserve for end].
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt [or more to taste].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cornstarch And 2 tbs Water [used to thicken sauce].
- Prepare of Kitchen Equipment.
- It’s 1 large of Thick Bottom Cooking Pot.
- It’s 1 box of Baking Soda [use in 1/4 tsp increments].
- It’s of Optional Toppings & Garnishments.
- Prepare 2 cup of Mexican 3 Cheese [1 cup in pot – 1 cup for garnish – optional].
Mike's Easy Chile Verde Sauce step by step
- Chop all vegetables. Chop potatoes and [additional] cilantro and set to side. Place potatoes in cool water for later use..
- Mix everything together [except 1/4 green chile, additional cilantro and cumin and potatoes] and place in large pot. Simmer until pork is fall apart tender. Usually about 3+ hours. The chicken version is much quicker boiling wise..
- 25 minutes before sauce is ready, add your potatoes to the pot. After 15 minutes, add the remaining 1/4 of your green chile, additional cilantro and cumin and simmer with lid on for 10 more minutes or until potatoes are soft. Adding your additional chiles, cilantro and cumin last allows those flavors to slowly steep into your sauce without diluting their flavors..
- This sauce is meant to have a slight viscosity or thickness to it. Enough to stick to a tortilla or a chip but be poured over burritos, etc. Your potatoes may have tightened your sauce up in the end but if not, mix your 2 tablespoons corn starch and 2 tablespoons water and add 1/2 of it to your simmering pot. Your sauce should thicken up within a minute at a higher simmer. If you'd like it even thicker, add the rest of your corn starch mixture..
- If your Verde tastes as though it has too high of an acidic taste from your Tomatillos, just add 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda to your simmering sauce. Your sauce will foam up a bit but don't worry. It'll go right back down. Taste test and add 1/4 teaspoon more until the acid has subsided..
- Serve immediately or allow to simmer on low on the stove for a few hours. Enjoy!.
- Chile Verde with shredded chicken option pictured..
- Smothered Chicken Tacos pictured. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/344608-mikes-smothered-soft-chicken-tacos.
- Smothered Pork Burritos pictured. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/353608-mikes-easy-cheesy-fried-burritos.
- Smothered Hamburger [The Slopper] pictured. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/354259-mikes-new-mexico-slopper.
- Smothered Hangover Hash pictured. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347731-mikes-green-chile-hangover-hash.
- Smothered Green Chile Chicken Chimichanga pictured. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/363704-mikes-green-chile-chicken-chimmies.
- Smothered Green Chile Enchiladas De Cilantro pictured. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347569-mikes-green-chile-enchiladas-de-cilantro.