You can have Confetti Salad using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Confetti Salad
- You need of For the salad :-.
- You need 62.5 g of rice easy cook long grain / 2¼ oz ..
- Prepare 1 400 g of black beans x (drained) / 14 oz . cans.
- It’s 100 g of zucchini courgette / (chopped) / 3½ oz ..
- It’s 100 g of carrot (grated) / 3½ oz ..
- Prepare 100 g of corn kernels (fresh or frozen) / 3½ oz ..
- Prepare 75 g of cherry tomatoes (quartered) / 2½ oz ..
- You need 50 g of red pepper (diced) / 2 oz ..
- It’s 50 g of scallions spring onions / (chopped) / 2 oz ..
- You need 50 g of red onion (diced) / 2 oz ..
- It’s 2 tablespoons of cilantro / corrinader (small leaves picked from the stem).
- You need 4 tablespoons of lime juice.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 teaspoons of chili flakes.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sea salt ground.
- It’s ½ teaspoon of black pepper ground.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cornstarch cornflour /.
- You need 1 tablespoon of aspartame.
Confetti Salad step by step
- Put the long grain rice in boiling water and cook for 10 minutes. Drain the rice in colander and put under cold running water to coll. Shake the excess moisture out of the rice. Cool the rice for at least an hour. If frozen allow the corn to defrost as the rice cools. Other than the cilantro put all the salad ingredients and mix..
- Mix the dressing ingredients other than the aspartame and cornstarch and put in a pan on medium heat. Blend the cornstarch with a little water (adding slowly) and then add the blended cornstarch to the pan as it just starts to bubble. Allow it boil before removing from the heat and stirring in the aspartame..
- Chill the salad and dressing before serving. Mix the dressing into the salad and sprinkle with cilantro leaves..