Millet tabbouleh salad. Fresh Millet Tabbouleh Salad recipe featuring whole grain cooked millet instead of traditional If you haven't used cooked millet before, it's a great gluten-free grain to add to your pantry lineup. This fresh take on tabbouleh eliminates the bulgur entirely and uses the golden seeds of millet instead, which give a nutty, cornlike taste to the salad. <a href=. Millet tabbouleh is an easy summer salad that is made with cooked millet, a nutritious substitute for the bulgur or couscous usually used for this dish.
This Millet Tabbouleh is a gluten-free twist on the classic Middle Eastern dish – full of bright and robust herby flavors and loaded with fresh veggies. It has nearly as much protein as quinoa and more than buckwheat and Use in place of bulgur wheat in tabbouleh and similar salads. Top with freshly chopped tomatoes and. You can have Millet tabbouleh salad using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Millet tabbouleh salad
- It’s 1 cup of millet.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of finely chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cup cilantro and mint leaves.
- You need 1/4 cup of boiled corn kernels.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped cucumber.
- Prepare of For dressing :.
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare of For garnishing :.
- You need of Some chilli flakes.
- Prepare of Some oregano.
Tabbouleh is a tasty vegetarian salad that traditionally features a bulgar wheat base seasoned with mint and parsley and tossed with tomatoes and other vegetables. Greek Millet Salad combines the traditional tomato, cucumber, onion, and Kalamata olives with millet and It can take the place of quinoa in recipes like Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad for a change of pace. Finishing the dish with uncooked millet seeds lends it extra crunch. Our delicious Millet Tabbouleh is ready to serve!
Millet tabbouleh salad instructions
- In a large pan put water, salt and washed millet and allow them to boil for sometime (for 8-10 minutes) till they become soft..
- In the meantime prepare the dressing by mixing all the dressing ingredients together..
- Mix all the chopped veggies in the boiled millet..
- Then mix the salad dressing and toss it well. Now the tabbouleh salad is ready..
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes..
- While serving add some extra oregano and chilli flakes over it..
- Now the Millet Tabbouleh salad is ready to serve..
Classic Tabbouleh Salad—a.k.a. tabouli—is made with cracked wheat bulgur, parsley, tomatoes, and a bright garlic mint dressing. Feel free to play around with the proportions, especially the various. Buy us a cup of coffee. Thank you all so much for watching our recipe videos and supporting our channel. If you would to further support and help us.