Mango, Sweet Corn and Mung Bean Sprouts Salad.
You can have Mango, Sweet Corn and Mung Bean Sprouts Salad using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mango, Sweet Corn and Mung Bean Sprouts Salad
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mung Bean Sprouts.
- You need 1/2 cup of finely chopped raw mango.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sweet corn kernels.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of finely chopped coriander leaves/cilantro.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of lemon/lime juice.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- You need 2 teaspoons of grated coconut (optional).
- Prepare of For tempering:.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder (depending upon how hot your want your salad).
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of hing/asafetida.
Mango, Sweet Corn and Mung Bean Sprouts Salad instructions
- Boil the sweet corn kernels till tender, about 5 to 8 minutes; let cool. In a mixing bowl, add boiled corn, chopped mangoes, chopped carrots, chopped tomatoes, mung bean sprouts and finely chopped coriander leaves..
- Add salt to taste, lemon juice and if using, grated coconut. Give it a good stir..
- Prepare the tempering In a small saucepan, heat oil. Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds. Mustard seeds will start to splutter and crackle. Now, add red chilli powder and asafetida and immediately remove from flame or heat..
- Add this tempering to the mixed salad and toss well. Serve crunchy, spicy, healthy mango, sprouts and corn salad at room temperature or as I love it, slightly chilled..