Aztec salad. This salad will please all your senses, and leftovers are just as good as the fresh meal! Aztec Salad Recipe. by Global Cookbook. Drain and rinse the beans and place them in a large salad bowl with the onions, peppers, tomatoes, corn and cilantro.
Black beans, Mexican-style corn, and avocados add their Southwestern flavors to this fresh summery salsa salad. This salad is lovely and can be made ahead. Add or subtract the chipotles to fit your own taste. You can cook Aztec salad using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Aztec salad
- You need of salad.
- Prepare 2 can of 15 oz. black beans drained and rinsed..
- You need 1 of green bell pepper seeded and diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely chopped red onion.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper seeded and diced.
- Prepare 1 packages of 10 oz. frozen corn thawed or two cups fresh or one 15 oz. canned corn kernels drained..
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro.
- It’s 3 of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 3 tbsp of seasoned rice vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 of juice of lemon or lime.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1 of chipotle chile in adobo diced (I add two instead of pepper flake).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flake or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
I have also replaced the cilantro with Italian parsley when served to someone who hates cilantro and it. A lightly chilled summer salad that makes the perfect side dish. Also try tossing leftovers into a whole wheat wrap for a really delicious sandwich. Fresh sliced avocado also goes perfect over top if your.
Aztec salad instructions
- Combine beans, onion, bell peppers, corn, tomatoes, and cilantro..
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegars, lime juice, garlic, cumin, coriander, red pepper flake and chipotle. I use a hand held immersion blender to mix really well..
- Pour over salad and toss gently..
- I let it sit for at least an hour so that flavors will blend. Even better the next day..
- If you like add diced avacado..
Unique from Azteca, Salad Shells that you bake up fresh at In minutes, you'll enjoy crispy Salad Shells perfect for filling with one of the recipes below or your own. Top aztec salad recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com. My attempt to calculate the nutrion from the delicious Aztec Chicken Salad at our office's cafeteria. This salad packs plenty of protein, in a no-fat dressing. · Easy grilled zucchini salad with charred corn, feta cheese and peppery arugula is a delicious, gluten free and vegetarian summer salad. Vedi la nostra aztec salad bowls selezione dei migliori articoli speciali o personalizzati, fatti a mano dai nostri negozi.