Spicy mexican style zucchini casserole. Great jumping off point, but I made a few changes. Instead of garlic salt, I used fresh minced garlic. While cooking, I used salt and pepper to release some of the zucchini and onions natural juices.
Mexican Zucchini Casserole, Mexican Zucchini, Mexican Zucchini And Corn Gratin, etc. Mexican Zucchini Cheese Soup – All Recipes. We can't wait to make this delicious, slightly spicy soup every summer when. You can have Spicy mexican style zucchini casserole using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy mexican style zucchini casserole
- It’s of Ingredients.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 3 lb of Zucchini.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped onion.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dried oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cayenne pepper, or to taste.
- You need 1 cup of Cooked long-grain rice.
- You need 1 cup of Cooked Pinto bean.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of Salsa.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Shredded cheddar cheese.
How to Make Zucchini Casserole: Grate zucchini on the large holes (or the grating attachment on a food processor). Transfer grated zucchini to a Hi, I think a mild or medium cheddar would work well instead of Colby or Mexican. I probably wouldn't add that much sharp cheddar though – it might. In large bowl mix zucchini, onion and pepper.
Spicy mexican style zucchini casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and onions; cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes. Season with garlic salt, paprika, oregano and cayenne pepper, and continue to cook and stir until fragrant. Mix in rice, beans and salsa and cook just until heated through. Mix in 1 cup of shredded cheese until well blended. Transfer to 9×13 inch baking dish and top with remaining cheddar cheese. Cover dish with lid or aluminum foil..
- Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and bubbly!.
- *when I made this recipe zucchini was hard to come by and expensive so I just bought three zucchini and then added ground lean beef. You could also add chicken. I seasoned my beef to taste with the seasoning s listed. You can also substitute the rice for whole grain and you can leave out the cheese if you prefer..
In a smaller bowl beat eggs with oil until combined. Keywords: mexican zucchini, mexican zucchini recipe, mexican zucchini recipes, Skillet Mexican Zucchini, zucchini mexican style. Our Mexican family does not eat a lot of hot peppers or hot spicy food or garlic. Some good Mexican spices to use are fresh. Course/Dish: Chicken Other Main Dishes Casseroles.