Simple Fresh Corn & Tomato Salad.
You can have Simple Fresh Corn & Tomato Salad using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Fresh Corn & Tomato Salad
- You need 2 of cobs' worth of fresh, sweet corn kernels (how to remove kernels from corn HERE).
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of olive oil (1 for sauteing corn, 1 for dressing).
- You need 2 of medium beefsteak tomatoes (heirlooms are great if you can get 'em), cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- You need 1/4-1/2 of small sweet onion, minced.
- It’s 5-6 leaves of basil, chiffonaded/chopped (fresh mint, parsley, and cilantro also work well).
- Prepare 2-2.5 Tablespoons of white or red wine vinegar or fresh lemon or lime juice.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of (about 1/8 teaspoon) sugar.
- You need a few of shakes or grinds of black pepper.
Simple Fresh Corn & Tomato Salad instructions
- If you're going to saute your corn, preheat your pan and 1 Tablespoon oil to medium high heat, add the corn and saute for 3 to 5 minutes, or until most of the kernels start to turn translucent. Set aside in salad bowl and cool as suggested above..
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, starting with the lower end of the seasoning measurements, and give the salad a few gentle folds to evenly incorporate all the ingredients and seasonings..
- Adjust seasoning if needed. If you have time to chill it in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes before serving, that's ideal, but no biggie if you don't..
- Enjoy! :).