You can cook Wet Burritos using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wet Burritos
- Prepare of Meat and Sauce.
- Prepare 3 lb of Boneless Beef Roast – cut in 1 1/2" cubes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
- You need 4 cup of Red Enchilada Sauce.
- Prepare 3 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare of Thickener For Meat and Sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of Flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Water.
- You need of Burrito Fixings.
- Prepare 1 of Tortillas.
- It’s 1 of Refried Beans.
- It’s 1 of Grated Cheese.
- It’s 1 of Chopped Lettuce.
- Prepare 1 of Chopped Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of Chopped Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Sliced Scallions.
- Prepare 1 of Sour Cream.
- Prepare 1 of Salsa or Hot Sauce.
Wet Burritos instructions
- In a large pot, brown beef. Add sauce, water and salt. Simmer gently until tender, about 2 – 2 1/2 hours..
- Mix flour and water together until smooth. Strain into meat and sauce, stirring constantly until incorporated. Simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally..
- Heat tortillas. Heat beans if using..
- Now build your burrito! The ingredients I listed are what I use but you can add or subtract to your familys taste..
- To build the burrito in the picture – 1 warmed tortilla on plate, dab 1/2 cup beans down center of burrito. Top with cheese and some meat cubes. Roll burrito up snug like and top with a good drenching of the sauce. Sprinkle top with cheese. Add lettuce, tomato, onions and a dab of sour cream..