Chicken Enchilada Soup. Chicken Enchilada Soup has everything you love about chicken enchiladas… in one big bowl of Chicken Enchilada Soup. I love turning classic meals into soups, it's an easy (maybe even lazy). If you like the chicken enchilada soup form Chili's, then you will love this!
Chicken enchilada was the signature soup at one of my favorite lunch spots growing up; I still devour a bowl every time I return home. It is a thicker, richer cousin of chicken tortilla soup — like you are. In our opinion, Chili's chicken enchilada soup is one of the best things on their menu. You can cook Chicken Enchilada Soup using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Enchilada Soup
- It’s of Soup Base.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Picked Pepper.
- You need 1 large of Hot pepper.
- Prepare 2 can of black beans.
- You need 2 cup of corn.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of Cream of mushroom.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Roasted garlic.
- You need 5 cup of Chicken stock.
- It’s 1 quart of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 1/2 can of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic (mince).
- Prepare 2 lb of Chicken.
- You need of Spices / Herb.
- You need 2 tbsp of cayenne.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of basil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 of sea salt (to taste).
- You need 1 of white pepper (to taste).
- Prepare of Garnish.
- You need 1 of handful tortilla chips.
- You need 1 of handful Monterey Jack cheese.
It took a while to figure out, but we've finally figured out how to recreate it at home. This chicken enchilada soup though, it's a saucier, spicier version of tortilla soup… and it's gooood, really goood! I love how easy it is to prep and how quickly it comes together. Homemade soup hits the spot and this Chicken Enchilada soup is no exception.
Chicken Enchilada Soup step by step
- Prep soup ingredients: small dice pepper, tomato, picked peper, onion. Cut chicken into small bite sized pieces..
- Saute chicken cuts in olive oil, season with cayenne and chilli powder, till lightly browned and juices have seeped into pan. Deglaze with wine..
- Remove chicken from pan. Add the rest of your ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Enough heat to have a light boil. Add in chicken and cook for another 10 minutes..
- Serve and garnish with cheese and tortilla chips.
I'm all about the quick and easy dinner options. There's not much better than soup made in the slow cooker, and this enchilada soup is no exception. This chicken enchilada soup is loaded with shredded chicken, corn, beans, vegetables and cheese, then finished off with a variety of toppings. An easy one pot dinner that the whole family will love! Chicken Enchilada Soup is a delicious, easy soup make with some fun and unique ingredients you'll love!