You can cook Breakfast Enchiladas using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Breakfast Enchiladas
- Prepare 1 of ☆ENCHILADA FILLING☆.
- It’s 2 lb of hot ground pork sausage (1 1/2 lbs. for filling, 1/2 lb. used as topping; set aside).
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- You need 6 of green onions, thinly sliced (4 chopped additionally for topping; put aside).
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro (1 tablespoon additionally for topping; put aside).
- It’s 14 large of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 8 of (8-inch) flour tortillas.
- It’s 1 of ☆CHEESE SAUCE☆.
- It’s 1/3 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of (4.5-oz.) can chopped green chiles, undrained.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of ☆TOPPINGS☆.
- You need 1 cup of pepper jack cheese.
- It’s 1/2 of pd crumbled cooked sausage, 1 package halved grape tomatoes, 4 sliced green onions, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (top enchiladas after baked).
Breakfast Enchiladas instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles are cooked through. Remove from pan; drain well. Set aside..
- PREPARE☆CHEESE SAUCE☆.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, and whisk in remaining ingredients. Set aside..
- ☆ENCHILADA FILLING☆.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add green onions and cilantro, and saute 1 minute. Add eggs, salt, pepper, and cook, without stirring, until eggs begin to set on bottom. Draw a spatula across bottom of pan to form large curds. Continue to cook until eggs are thickened but still moist; do not stir constantly. Remove from heat, and gently fold in 1 1/2 cups Cheese Sauce and sausage..
- Spoon about 1/2 cup egg mixture along the bottom of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place, seam side down, in a lightly greased 13-× 9-inch baking dish. Pour remaining Cheese Sauce evenly over tortillas; sprinkle evenly with pepper Jack cheese..
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. When enchiladas are done; sprinkle down the center in this order; 1/2 pd crumbled sausage, halved grape tomatoes, green onions and fresh cilantro..