Sarah's Mexican Fiesta Casserole!.
You can have Sarah's Mexican Fiesta Casserole! using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sarah's Mexican Fiesta Casserole!
- It’s 1 lb of hamburger meat.
- Prepare 12 of corn tortillas.
- You need 2 can of enchilada sauce.
- It’s 1 can of corn.
- Prepare 1 can of refried beans.
- Prepare 3 cup of spanish rice.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh cilantro chopped.
- Prepare 3 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 3 tbsp of minced garlic from jar in water.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Chunky picante sauce.
- Prepare 3 cup of shredded cheese *colby jack.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried chives.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese.
Sarah's Mexican Fiesta Casserole! step by step
- Cook hamburger, onions, bell pepper and garlic together. Add cumin and cilantro to mixture and cook until meat is browned and veggies are tender. Then stir in 3/4 can enchilada sauce 1/2 cup picante sauce and ricotta cheese. Chives and parsley. Heat thoroughly.
- Cook Spanish rice as directed on package or make your own..
- Heat refried beans in separate pan. Add 1/4 cup picante sauce to beans..
- Pour 1/4 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of casserole dish and spread across..
- Place tortillas across sauce. Cover entirety. You may need to tear some of the tortillas in half to completely cover. Its OK if they slightly overlap..
- Spread 1/3 of the beans on top of tortillas. Layer 1cup Spanish rice on top of beans. Layer 1/3 meat mixture on top of rice..
- Repeat these steps two more times, except do not place cheese on top layer..
- Cover with foil and Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Take out of oven remove foil and add layer of cheese on top. Place back in oven for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley flakes after removing from oven..