You can have Mexican Casserole using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Casserole
- Prepare 12 of corn tortillas.
- You need 1/2 C of green chile enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1 C of black beans.
- Prepare 1 C of Rotel mild diced tomatoes with green chillies.
- It’s 1 C of Mexican blend shredded cheese.
- You need 1/2 lb. of ground turkey.
- It’s 1 of small green bell pepper (diced).
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic chopped.
- You need of Green onion to top.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp. of onion powder.
- You need 1 tbsp. of oregano.
- You need of Olive oil.
Mexican Casserole instructions
- Sauté garlic and bell pepper for a few minutes then add ground turkey and all seasonings. Brown meat..
- Add black beans and diced tomatoes (drain some of the liquid from cans first). Simmer about 10 minutes to let flavors mix and thicken a bit..
- Coat a baking dish with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Poor a little bit of green chile enchilada sauce in the bottom of dish to cover. Lay tortillas evenly (I used 6)..
- Spoon some of the meat and bean mixture on top of the tortillas to cover one layer. Lay 6 more tortillas on top and poor a little green sauce on top of tortillas. Layer again with meat mixture..
- Add cheese and green onions. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes..