Chicken and spinach enchilada dinner casserole. This lasagna-inspired stacked enchilada casserole is filled with juicy pulled chicken and plenty of healthy spinach. Try this Chicken Spinach Enchilada Casserole recipe, or contribute your own. Saute onion, garlic and red bell pepper in butter till limp.
It's made with the best homemade enchilada sauce, and layered with corn tortillas, cheese, beans, and your favorite fillings. This chicken enchilada casserole is creamy cheesy perfection and it's so easy to throw together since everything is layered together instead of rolled. My kids love this chicken enchilada casserole and I bet yours will too! You can have Chicken and spinach enchilada dinner casserole using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and spinach enchilada dinner casserole
- You need 2-3 of boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked & shredded.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare of I can Rotel, with lime & cilantro.
- You need of Fresh baby spinach.
- It’s 3-5 cloves of garlic, minced fine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of cumin.
- You need of Shredded jack or cheddar cheese, enough to cover the top of dish.
- You need of Corn or flour tortillas, I thought I had corn but I had flour. Worked very well.
This was a total hit on my dinner table. Of course, my kids will gobble up anything. Roll chicken strips and cheese in tortillas and top with a creamy spinach sauce for this enticing casserole. Learn how to make Chicken-and-Spinach Enchiladas.
Chicken and spinach enchilada dinner casserole instructions
- Mix shredded chicken, the soups, the Rotel, onion, cumin, & garlic, in a large bowl. Spray cooking spray in a large Pyrex baking dish..
- Put one third of mixture in the baking dish then layer the tortillas,chicken mixture, & spinach, repeat till all mixture is used. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes..
Chicken enchilada casserole is the casserole I put together when I was pregnant to store in the freezer for an easy dinner. It's also the casserole I'll often make when someone's had a baby (or a funeral). Enchilada casseroles are great because you can take all the shortcuts, or just some of them. Chicken enchilada casserole: All the bold flavors and spices of enchiladas, without the sometimes-messy assembly of the traditional recipe. This version makes for an easy dinner that everyone at the table will love.