Sonja's Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole.
You can cook Sonja's Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sonja's Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole
- It’s of Enchilada Cream Sauce.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of favorite Salsa.
- It’s 3 tbsp of warm water.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup.
- You need of Enchiladas.
- Prepare 1 packages of Flour Tortillas – usually takes 8 large.
- Prepare 1 lb of shredded cheeese.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of cooked ground beef or shredded chicken (optional: flavor with 1/2 taco seasoning packet).
Sonja's Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Mix together creamy enchilada sauce ingredients (sour cream, soup, salsa, water).
- Pour thin layer of enchilada cream sauce in bottom of 9 x 13 casserole dish. Set both aside..
- Mix together slightly cooled ground beef and shredded cheese. Leave out a small amount of shredded cheese to sprinkle on top of casserole before baking..
- Dip one tortilla in warm water and lay flat. Put a good amount of the beef & cheese mixture in the center of the tortilla and roll up in to an enchilada fashion..
- Lay enchiladas into single layer rows until casserole dish is full. (Can usually fit around 8 enchiladas if using large tortillas.).
- Pour the remaining creamy enchilada sauce over top of enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top..
- Bake at 350°F for 15 – 20 minutes..