Not so vegetarian enchilada casserole. First meal: easy peezy Vegetarian Black Bean Enchilada Casserole. Omit the cheese and you've got a vegan situation, but And preschoolers may be iffy on that statement so I skip the El Pato addition. However, I'm a firm believer in spicy mexican food because come on.
This easy vegetarian dinner recipe is sure to become a new family favorite. This vegetarian enchilada casserole is tasty, filling and packed full of veggies, sweet potatoes, and black beans. This vegetarian casserole is perfect weekend comfort food, filling, satisfying and tasty. You can cook Not so vegetarian enchilada casserole using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Not so vegetarian enchilada casserole
- You need 3 lb of chicken.
- It’s 1 dozen of flour tortillas.
- You need 2 lb of grated cheese.
- Prepare 1 can of jalapeno salsa.
It's not too spicy, so it's suitable for the whole family. A healthy vegetarian enchilada casserole, filled with quinoa, sweet potatoes, black beans, and cheese. This vegetarian enchilada bake is comfort food that you can feel good Quinoa and black beans provide filling protein in this meatless casserole, so you won't be hungry an hour after dinner. Let casserole rest for a few minutes before serving.
Not so vegetarian enchilada casserole instructions
- preheat oven to 375.
- spray bottom and sides of a 9 X 13 pan with Pam..
- cook chicken and shred with forks..
- add chicken and salsa to a large sauce pan and simmer until sauce is reduced by a third..
- lay 3 tortillas in bottom of the pan.
- spread 1/3 of chicken over tortillas.
- spread 1/3 of cheese over the chicken.
- repeat two more times adding remainder of chicken and cheese to the top layer.
- place in the oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Top and garnish with sour cream and/or cojita and/or cilantro Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories. I am especially glad to have a simple recipe to make homemade enchilada sauce! I hate using mystery sauce from the can, and this was so easy and tasted just like I expected it to. A delicious, comforting vegetarian enchilada casserole served with all the traditional sides. Just as there are people that are super photogenic, so there are recipes that are photogenic.