Enchilada Casserole. LOVE this easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe! It's made with the best homemade enchilada sauce, and layered with corn tortillas, cheese, beans, and your favorite fillings. Enchilada Casserole Is A Comforting Family Favorite Meal, Perfect For Weeknights.
This chicken enchilada casserole is creamy cheesy perfection and it's so easy to throw together But, who has time to be rolling enchiladas the time? This enchilada casserole is way easier than. Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – A lightened-up, healthy enchilada bake that you can enjoy guilt-free, chockfull of quinoa, black beans and cheesy goodness! You can have Enchilada Casserole using 15 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Enchilada Casserole
- You need 9 of Corn Tortillas.
- It’s 10 oz of can, Enchilada Sauce.
- It’s 1 of Onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of Green Bell Pepper, chopped.
- You need 2 of Zucchini, sliced small.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cumin, ground.
- It’s 1 tsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper, or more to taste.
- It’s 1 of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s 1 can of Green Chili, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Cilantro, chopped.
- You need 15 oz of can, Black and/or Pinto Beans.
- Prepare 1 box of Spinach, frozen and thawed or fresh chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Bag of Cheese, shredded.
- You need 1 can of Black Olives, sliced.
This delicious chicken enchilada casserole recipe is made with sour cream, diced chicken, mushrooms, peppers, tortillas, cheese, and seasonings. Enchilada sauce is what makes this five-ingredient casserole possible. It's super-smooth and concentrated with flavor, thanks to simmered tomatoes, dried chiles, and a variety of spices. Family dinner is sure to be a hit with this dish.
Enchilada Casserole instructions
- Note: You can use any vegetables you have on hand. I'd recommend keeping the onion and bell pepper though..
- Saute the onion and bell pepper in large pan. Add the zucchini and saute for another 3 to 4 minutes..
- Add all seasoning and oregano. Stir for one minute..
- Rinse beans..
- Add green chili, cilantro and beans. Stir and cook for 5 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 375°..
- To large casserole dish, pour 1/2 cup sauce and spread to cover bottom of dish. Add tortillas to cover bottom of dish..
- Pour bean and vegetable mixture from pan over tortillas. Spread evenly with a spoon..
- Sprinkle a little bit of cheese on top.
- Wrap thawed frozen spinach in three layers of paper towel and squeeze all liquid out of spinach..
- Add spinach on top of bean and vegetable mixture. If using thawed spinach, tear apart with hands and layer on top. If using fresh, sprinkle on top..
- Layer tortillas on top covering spinach..
- Pour enchilada sauce on top. Spread sauce to completely cover tortillas..
- Cover dish with foil tenting foil to try and keep the foil from touching the sauce..
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil. Cover with remaining amount of cheese. Sprinkle on olives and cilantro (optional)..
- Raise oven temperature to 400° and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes until cheese is lightly brown..
- Let casserole rest for 10 minutes before cutting and serving. Recommended step..
Chicken enchilada casserole, to be exact. Instant Pot enchilada casserole was the first order of business, given that it's a favorite of mine – and who doesn't love enchilada casserole? Enchilada Casserole. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Enchilada Casserole is a delicious easy to make dinner that can be prepared ahead and frozen for convenience. Enchilada casserole is one of the first recipes I made and published here way back in.