Mins yummy enchilada casserole. This enchilada casserole presents like something that took a really long time to make. It's like free work or something. I might recommend this blender enchilada sauce for something homemade, yummy, extremely easy, and ready in approximately five minutes.
Ingredients of Mins yummy enchilada casserole
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of red or green enchilada sauce (your choice mine was red).
- Prepare 1 can of rotel.
- You need 1 can of refried beans.
- You need 3 large of flour tortillas (wheat or corn will work also).
- It’s 1 medium of bag of shredded cheese (i used fiesta blend but you can use whatever you like).
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper (or to taste).
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder (or to taste).
- It’s 1 tbsp of taco seasoning (or to taste).
- It’s 2 cup of spanish rice (i use the boxed stuff but you can make your own).
Mins yummy enchilada casserole step by step
- preheat oven to 350°.
- brown ground beef, chopped onion, garlic powder, taco seasoning, and ground black pepper in a pan. drain off the grease then cover and set aside..
- cook Spanish rice as directed on box. when done drain the can of rotel, add to rice, and mix (i use boxed mexican rice but i take out the packs of rice and substitute for 2 cups white minute rice so its quicker).
- then add some enchilada sauce to bottom of baking dish.
- spread some ref beans on one side of a tortilla. place in casserole dish ref bean side up.
- next add a layer of the ground beef, make sure you leave enough for the next 2 layers..
- then add a layer of the rice, you can use more of this than you did the ground beef, but still leave enough for the next 2 layers.
- add a thin layer of cheese, not too much or it wont melt properly, then add some enchilada sauce not too much or the tortillas will get soggy.
- finally repeat 2 more times. then top with generous amount of cheese., and bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- you can top with anything you like we use sour cream salsa and jalapenos. Enjoy!!!!.
With only seven ingredients, this one-dish meal is a great weeknight dinner that'll feed the whole family (or leave you with lots of yummy leftovers). We love a good casserole and this chicken enchilada casserole recipe certainly doesn't disappoint. The tortillas hold all the delicious filling together so perfectly and makes this one crowd pleasing dish. Enchilada casseroles are a great way to enjoy the flavors of enchiladas without all the hassle of rolling each individually. Avocado based sauces for enchiladas are all the rage these days because they provide a delicious creamy element that is also good for you.