Enchilada casserole. LOVE this easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe! It's made with the best homemade enchilada sauce, and layered with corn tortillas, cheese, beans, and your favorite fillings. Enchilada Casserole Is A Comforting Family Favorite Meal, Perfect For Weeknights.
This chicken enchilada casserole is creamy cheesy perfection and it's so easy to throw together But, who has time to be rolling enchiladas the time? This enchilada casserole is way easier than. Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – A lightened-up, healthy enchilada bake that you can enjoy guilt-free, chockfull of quinoa, black beans and cheesy goodness! You can cook Enchilada casserole using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Enchilada casserole
- You need 1/2-1 pound of meat of choice.
- Prepare 15 oz of can beans (refried, black, chili, etc.).
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, diced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare of Bottled enchilada sauce or salsa.
- Prepare of Shredded cheese.
- You need of Corn tortillas.
- It’s of Oil for sauteing.
This delicious chicken enchilada casserole recipe is made with sour cream, diced chicken, mushrooms, peppers, tortillas, cheese, and seasonings. Enchilada sauce is what makes this five-ingredient casserole possible. It's super-smooth and concentrated with flavor, thanks to simmered tomatoes, dried chiles, and a variety of spices. Family dinner is sure to be a hit with this dish.
Enchilada casserole step by step
- Saute onions and garlic in oil. Other vegetables may be added as desired, such as bell pepper or finely diced carrot..
- Add meat to saute pan. This works well with previously cooked meat or fresh ground meat. Brown well and add seasonings..
- Add beans and stir to combine..
- Preheat oven to 350° F..
- Coat the bottom of a 13×9" baking pan with cooking spray. Line pan with six corn tortillas. Flour tortillas give this dish an odd flavor..
- Spoon half of the filling mixture over tortillas..
- Cover with 6 more tortillas, then the rest of the filling..
- Top with six tortillas. Pour enchilada sauce or salsa over tortillas. Sprinkle cheese over as desired..
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until browned and bubbly. Allow to cool several minutes before serving..
Chicken enchilada casserole, to be exact. Instant Pot enchilada casserole was the first order of business, given that it's a favorite of mine – and who doesn't love enchilada casserole? Enchilada Casserole. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Enchilada Casserole is a delicious easy to make dinner that can be prepared ahead and frozen for convenience. Enchilada casserole is one of the first recipes I made and published here way back in.