Fish with Mushroom and Wine Sauce. This is a delicious baked fish recipe for two with a light topping that adds great flavor. Cod, orange roughy or any other white fish works well in this recipe. In small skillet, heat margarine until bubbly and hot; add mushrooms, lemon juice, garlic and seasonings and saute over high heat, stirring.
This mushroom sauce, paired with white fish fillets, is a simple recipe that is ready in minutes— perfect for an easy and quick family meal. The combination of mushrooms, onion, and thyme with sour cream and lemon juice is a scrumptious sauce for the tender and flaky fish. You can use any type of. You can cook Fish with Mushroom and Wine Sauce using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fish with Mushroom and Wine Sauce
- Prepare 1 lb of flounder, sole, or other delicate fish, about 3/4" thick.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 1/3 cup of leeks, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/3 cup of dry white wine or chicken broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of sliced almonds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
Strain the sauce and set it aside. Before the butter begins to brown, add the mushrooms. Warm the wine sauce until nearly boiling. Noodles in creamy white wine and oyster mushroom sauce with king prawns.
Fish with Mushroom and Wine Sauce step by step
- Heat oven to 375°F..
- If fish filets are large, cut into 4 pieces. Arrange in a ungreased 8x8x2" baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika, salt, and pepper..
- Melt butter in a 10" skillet. Saute mushrooms and leeks in the butter until the leeks are tender. Remove from heat and pour in thve wine. Pour mixture over the fish. Top with almonds and parmesan..
- Bake uncovered for 20 min. Serve immediately..
Get Fish with Polenta and Mushrooms: Merluzzo con Polenta e Funghi Recipe from Food Network. The mushroom sauce is mouthwatering and tastes gourmet. *A note on wine: Barefoot is a fun, inexpensive option and they have several great varieties that work well in recipes. Tip: to remove thyme leaves, hold at the tip and pull your fingers down over the stem. Even homemade fish cakes go well with the mushrooms. We also recommend a mixed green salad as a side dish.