Shrimp Fra Diavolo.
You can have Shrimp Fra Diavolo using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shrimp Fra Diavolo
- Prepare 2 can of Tomato sauce 16 oz.
- Prepare 1 can of Crushed tomatoes 16 oz.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- You need 3 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- You need 3 tbsp of Minced onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of White sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1 of Bay leave.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Italian seasoning dried.
- It’s 1 box of Penne Pasta.
- Prepare 1 lb of Approx 16 to 20 shrimp per lb deveined and shelled.
- Prepare 2 pinch of Shredded Parmesan.
- You need 1 pinch of Chopped basil.
Shrimp Fra Diavolo step by step
- In a metal stockpot begin to sauté the garlic and onions in the olive oil. Sauté until softened but not browned about 5 min on med high.
- Add cans of sauce and crushed tomatoes and stir to blend and reduce heat to medium let it cook about 10 min.
- Add bay leave, salt,pepper,sugar,Italian seasoning,red pepper and stir. Cover pot & Turn heat to low! Simmer 30 min checking heat and stirring.
- Add tomato paste and stir. Cover and let simmer while you make pasta and shrimp.
- Check sauce regularly and stir. Add extra ingredients if desired..
- Bring pot of water to boil for Penne add a pinch of salt..
- Drop Penne into boiling water about 10 min to Al Dente.
- While pasta boils: Sauté raw shrimp on high about 5 min until ALMOST DONE! Slightly raw is good as it will cook in sauce too. Strain shrimp to remove water and juices..
- Add strained shrimp and strained Penne pasta to your sauce and stir. Cook on low about 4 min for all flavors to absorb and mix. Let sit 5 min and then serve! Top with sprinkle of cheese of choice, basil, more red pepper, etc..