Brad's Marinated Flank Steak & Ravioli Marinara. Flank steak is marinated in a flavorful blend of soy sauce, red wine vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce in this tasty grilled dish. Flank steak is a fairly popular cut of beef, and for good reason — it's flavorful, inexpensive, and incredibly versatile! Unfortunately I've had my fair share The flank steak can be marinated a day or two ahead of time, rolled, and then refrigerated until ready to cook.
This marinade recipe is flavored with soy sauce, honey, lime, and garlic, tenderizing the meat while adding mouth-watering flavors. Marinated flank steak is easy to prepare and perfect for grilling, pan-frying. This flank steak marinade is a sweet and savory blend of olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and spices. You can cook Brad's Marinated Flank Steak & Ravioli Marinara using 32 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's Marinated Flank Steak & Ravioli Marinara
- It’s of For the steak.
- Prepare 3-4 lb of flank steak.
- It’s 3 cloves of minced garlic, divided.
- It’s 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of red wine, I used cabernet.
- It’s of Sea salt and white pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of rubbed sage.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chili flakes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of each, dry thyme, oregano, and parsley.
- You need 3 of basil leaves, bruised.
- You need 8 of lg crimini mushrooms, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 of medium sweet onion, sliced thin.
- You need 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- You need of For the ravioli.
- Prepare of Proper servings of desired ravioli.
- It’s 2 of lg can crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of medium can of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of small shallots, minced.
- It’s 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 4 of Roma tomatoes, cut into 1 " squares.
- Prepare 2 of beef bouillon cubes.
- You need 2 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of each, dried mustard, salt, pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of each, dried oregano, dried thyme, chili powder.
- Prepare 6 of lg fresh basil leaves, chopped.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of quality parmesan cheese, grated.
It produces tender and juicy marinated flank steak every time! When the weather is nice I fire up the grill and make some marinated salmon, chicken tenders, or this fabulous and easy flank. Flank steak is a fairly tough cut of meat due to its leanness. Our simple marinade has just four ingredients and is the perfect way to prepare flank steak for the grill.
Brad's Marinated Flank Steak & Ravioli Marinara step by step
- Marinate the steak. Add all ingredients for steak except mushrooms, 2 cloves garlic, onions, and brown sugar in a large ziploc bag. Mix well and add steak. Remove as much air from bag as possible. Place in fridge overnight..
- When ready to cook, start with the marinara sauce. Heat a lg Dutch oven over medium heat. Add olive oil and shallots. Saute until shallots sweat off but do not brown. Add garlic and saute a couple more minutes. Add rest of ingredients except ravioli and parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer and adjust seasoning to taste. Simmer at least an hour, covered..
- Heat 2 lg frying pans over medium heat and get 4 qts salted water on to boil..
- Add 1 tbs oil to each pan. Be careful when you add the steak to the pan. The oil may pop a bit. Add the mushrooms and onions to the other pan. Cook steak until it browned well on all sides. If pan is oven safe. Put into a 375 degree oven on the middle rack for 8-10 minutes. Saute mushrooms and onions until the water has sweated off..
- Turn heat to medium low. Continue to saute until you start to see caramelization. Add remaining garlic and brown sugar. Saute until well caramelized..
- Meanwhile cook ravioli per instruction. Drain and rinse in hot water..
- Remove steak from oven and let rest for 5-7 minutes covered with foil. Slice..
- Plate ravioli, top with sauce. Garnish with parmesan fresh basil and olives (optional). Plate sliced steak. Top with onions and mushrooms. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
While acidic citrus juice and salty soy sauce act to both season and tenderize the steak, olive oil helps to keep the meat supple and juicy. Hey folks – this video shows how I grill marinated London Broil or Flank Steak cut of meat. In California, this is sold as London Broil, but other parts of. Flank steak is a lean, flat cut of beef that's only somewhat tender but extremely flavorful. Properly marinated, it's a wonderful steak to grill or broil.