Sophie's jalapeno cheese filled meatballs. This recipe is very simple to make and a great appetizer. These cheese filled meatballs are tender, moist and perfect for a Holiday party appetizer. Working one at a time, take a meatball and flatten it in the palm.
These smoked meatballs are made with lots of cheddar cheese and more jalapeno than you'd normally add to a meatball. I often make jalapenos filled with plain cream cheese and wrapped in bacon strips but decided to try this version. I tasted the cheese mixture and was concerned it was going to be too hot but after baking it was just right. You can cook Sophie's jalapeno cheese filled meatballs using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sophie's jalapeno cheese filled meatballs
- It’s of meatball filling.
- You need 200 grams of grated cheese (I used red Leicester).
- Prepare 30 grams of cream cheese.
- You need 2 of finely chopped jalapenos.
- Prepare of outer part of the meatball.
- It’s 750 grams of lean minced beef.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 of finely chopped white onion.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of mixed herbs.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 of breadcrumbs made from 2 slices of bread.
- It’s 100 ml of milk.
- Prepare of sauce.
- Prepare 400 grams of passata.
- Prepare 1/4 tbsp of mixed herbs.
- You need 1/4 tbsp of chili powder.
I had never steamed the jalapenos before baking and almost skipped this step but. The Best Jalapeno Meatballs Recipes on Yummly Thai Chicken Meatballs With Peanut Sauce, Gluten Free Thai Meatballs With Nut Free Dipping Sauce, Appetizer Meatballs. Which kind of meatballs are you looking for?
Sophie's jalapeno cheese filled meatballs instructions
- Preheat your oven to 180°C..
- Mix your cheeses and jalapenos together and make into 24 balls about the width of a thumb..
- Place on a baking tray, and put into the freezer..
- In a large bowl, mix your breadcrumbs and milk. Leave for 5 minutes..
- Mix in the rest of your outer meatball ingredients together in the bowl..
- Remove your cheese balls from the freezer. Make meatballs with them in the centre, packing them tightly..
- Place on a baking tray as you finish each one. Once done, bake for 25 minutes..
- While your meatballs cook, place all your sauce ingredients into a frying pan and simmer gently..
- When the meatballs are almost done, put your pasta on to cook as per the instructions..
- When the meatballs are done, remove from the oven and place in the frying pan in the sauce. Turn them to coat them..
- If your meatballs leaked any cheese, pick this up (avoiding any oil) and add to the sauce..
- When your pasta is cooked, serve and enjoy!.
These Stuffed Cheesy Jalapeño Meatballs are topped with salsa, sour cream and cilantro. Mix cream cheese spread, shredded cheese and peppers until blended. Jalapeno Popper Meatballs are full of jalapeno, bacon, cheddar cheese, and cream cheese. Served over salsa, they make a fantastic spicy appetizer or meal. Each meatball is stuffed with a piece of cream cheese to give them a creamy filling.