Chilli tofu/ cottage cheese. Chilli Tofu is based off an Indo-Chinese recipe called Chilli Paneer. This is a spicy, saucy blend of Indian spices and Chinese condiments, and the star, of course, is the paneer, an Indian cottage cheese that's usually sold in blocks, just like tofu. Use Tofu in place of Paneer to make Chili tofu !
As the name suggests, the main ingredients used to prepare this mouth-watering and spicy dish are tofu cubes, red pepper, onion and green chilies. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Friends of mine make gave me this recipe and now I am so excited to try it! You can cook Chilli tofu/ cottage cheese using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chilli tofu/ cottage cheese
- It’s 300 grams of tofu/cottage cheese.
- You need 1/3 cup of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of yellow bell pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of green onions.
- Prepare of garlic powder/paste.
- Prepare of ginger powder/paste.
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- You need of white pepper.
- You need of vinegar.
- You need of MSG/ agino moto.
- You need 1/2 liter of oil (to fry).
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s 1 of eggs.
From the cookbook, The Best of Silver Hills Delicious Vegetarian Cuisine. Chilli Tofu Paneer is batter fried tofu cubes along with colorful bell peppers and onions are tossed in a spicy and tangy sauce. In a bowl, add some chilli paste, salt, cornstarch, all-purpose flour, little water and make a slightly thick batter. Put in the tofu pieces in this mixture and mix gently to coat all the.
Chilli tofu/ cottage cheese step by step
- For marination, take cubed pieces of tofu add some black and white pepper, ginger paste, garlic paste , olive oil, vinegar, salt, a pinch of sugar and mix thoroughly and let it remain like this in refrigerator for minimum of 2:30 hrs..
- Now till then chop all the vegetables in cube/square shaped pieces..
- Now after 3 hrs take out the marination add 1 egg to it, 1 cup of flour, 1/2 cup corn flour and some water to make a thick coating on the tufu pieces, put it in rest state again for 15 mins.
- Now heat sunflower/soya/vegetable oil for frying the tofu pieces till they are golden brown and crispy. Use a absorbing paper which will soak the excessive oil..
- Now in another pan take some olive oil add ginger garlic paste, green chilli(very finely chopped), and all the chopped bell peppers, onion and sauté for 9-10 mins..
- Now in a small bowl add the corn starch and make a thick paste of it . Add this paste into the veggies and stir, add more water if needed. Add soy sauce , vinegar, msg, black pepper , white pepper and red chilli flakes to it..
- Now add the crispy tofu cubes to it and sauté well. Cover the pan for 5-6 mins..
- Now turn off the flame and pour the chilli tofu in a bowl garnishing with chopped green onion..
Tofu is produced using soybean drain and appears to be like paneer. Though paneer can be effectively be made at home by souring milk, planning of t. Home > Weight Loss > Health Feed > Tips > Tofu vs Cottage Cheese – Which is Better? Chilli tofu may be a street food, but that's no reason not to make this hot, sweet, sour and sticky mouthful at home, too. Meera Sodha's chilli tofu: make a meal of it and serve with spinach, chapatis and non-dairy yoghurt.