Nikki's Bacon Mac n Cheese. The Ultimate Five-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese Cheesy creamy goodness of Mac and Cheese with a little something extra – this version with chicken, bacon and tomato totally hits the spot! Note: the Mac and Cheese will be a little less saucy if you make it ahead, as the pasta will absorb more of the liquid.
How do you make mac 'n' cheese better? This super indulgent mac 'n' cheese manages to stay low-carb thanks to one magical ingredient: cauliflower. I never had Mac n Cheese with bacon, but I know it taste like heaven. You can cook Nikki's Bacon Mac n Cheese using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nikki's Bacon Mac n Cheese
- It’s 1 lb of cooked (al dente) penne pasta.
- It’s 2 of 9 oz pouches Pregresso Recipe Starters 3 cheese cooking sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of light cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk (or just use 3/4 cup if you dont have cream).
- You need 4 cup of shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 8 slice of american cheese.
- Prepare 8 slice of cooked and crumbled crispy bacon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- You need 1 dash of white pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of italian panko bread crumbs with cheese (or just mix plain panko with italian bread crumbs).
Mac and cheese may seem straightforward, but in an all-star mac, each component is carefully considered and intentionally chosen to build a creamy, melty pasta bake. This Creamy Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon is an excellent, extra-indulgent recipe to keep in your rotation—it's. Welcome your guests by serving these cheesy baked bites made using bacon and macaroni. My mother was a bit of a rebel with her macaroni and cheese in that she didn't believe in making a roux.
Nikki's Bacon Mac n Cheese step by step
- preheat oven to 400, spray 3 quart casserole with cooking spray..
- in a 3 quart saucepan, heat cheese sauce, milk, and cream to boiling. stir. remove from heat and stir in mustard, american cheese, 2 cups cheddar, and pepper. stir until cheeses are melted. add pasta and half the bacon, mix well..
- spoon pasta mix into casserole, top with remaining cheddar. bake uncovered about 15 minutes and cheese is bubbly..
- sprinkle with bread crumbs and cook an additional 5 minutes. enjoy! **note: measurements for cheddar and bacon are suggestions based on what i use, feel free to add more if you prefer! :-P.
When my brother and I were kids, we didn't like any "stuff" in our mac n' cheese. These days, I like a little more substance. Classic baked mac and cheese gets a comforting and family-friendly chicken bacon ranch flavor twist! What more could you ask for? Even the smell of this delicious meal will leave those bacon-haters wondering why they bother with life at all.