Brad's curried scallops with black truffle goat's cheese. Bebber paired his dish, capesante salsa al tartufo Nero (Scallops with Black Truffle Sauce), with Luis Pato Vinhas Velhas white, noting at a dinner at Oceana, "White Portuguese wines are built for seafood." Recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Massimo Bebber of Sirio Ristorante at The Pierre, New York City. Combine scallops with chopped truffles, chives, lemon juice and oil. Invert onto appetizer plates and garnish with truffle slices.
Flecked with bits of black truffle, it is made by Cypress. Black truffle scallops in puff pastry, spinach and lemon brown butter sauce. Goat cheese and herbs give this simple gratin a wealth of flavor (without weighing it down). You can cook Brad's curried scallops with black truffle goat's cheese using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's curried scallops with black truffle goat's cheese
- It’s 1 lb of sea scallops.
- Prepare of Curry powder, paprika, sea salt, black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbs of coconut oil.
- Prepare of For the cous cous.
- You need 2 cups of tri color pearled cous cous.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- You need 4 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1 of LG shallot, chopped.
- It’s 1 of leek, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 of portabello mushroom.
- You need 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need 4 of marinated artichoke hearts, chopped.
- You need 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s of For the sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 tbs of flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of curry powder.
- You need of to taste, Salt.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- You need of Lime leaves, Torn.
- You need of Black truffle infused goat cheese.
For this gratin, I didn't bother layering the vegetables in a pretty scalloped pattern. I practically threw the potato and squash slices in the pan, all mixed up together. Black truffles (Tuber melanosporum) are best understood as an underground mushroom. Black truffles are native to western Europe and are now cultivated as a horticultural crop in North and South America, New Zealand and Australia as well as Europe.
Brad's curried scallops with black truffle goat's cheese instructions
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with seasonings on both sides. Let sit 15 minutes..
- Remove stem of mushroom. Remove ribs gently with a spoon. Slice into thin 3 " strips. Add olive oil to a heated deep frying pan. Add shallots, leek, artichoke, mushroom, and garlic. Saute for 5-7 minutes. Add water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Add cous cous. Reduce to a simmer covered until water is absorbed. Let sit 5 minutes..
- Heat another fry pan on medium high heat. Add 2 tbs coconut oil. Quickly sear scallops 90 seconds each side. Remove to a plate..
- Remove remaining coconut oil from frying to a coffee mug. Deglaze pan with vinegar. Let reduce until almost gone. Mix coconut oil from frying and flour. Slowly add oil mixture to the pan. Add cream and rest of sauce ingredients. Stir constantly until sauce thickens..
- Serve scallops over cous cous. Top with sauce. Garnish with lime leaf and goat cheese. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Joy Wilson works soft goat cheese, dark chocolate, coarsely ground black pepper, and flaky sea salt into these petit truffles, rolling them in bitter cocoa powder to And they have just the right amount of goat-y goodness both flavor-wise and in that great creamy-crumbly quality that we love in goat cheese. Goat cheese with truffles is perfect after dinner or as an appetizer. Fine truffles mixed in with the curd are giving this beautifully mild young cheese a real touch of luxury. The goat cheese adds a creamy flavor to sometimes bland turkey burgers. Then made again with feta & chopped black olives thin sliced red onion to top and a homemade cucumber/yogurt sauce. "I'm craving the scallop pie I ate at Jackman & McRoss while on holiday in Hobart.