You can cook Bechamel/White Sauce using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bechamel/White Sauce
- Prepare 1 liter of milk.
- It’s 1 stick of butter / butter (4 oz.).
- It’s 1 cup of cold milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of corn starch.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg (optional).
- It’s of Bechamel sauce with cheese:.
- It’s of Bechamel sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
Bechamel/White Sauce step by step
- Place the cold milk in a bowl, add the corn starch, mix (reserve).
- In a microwave safe container heat the liter of milk for 3 1/2 minutes In a non-stick frying pan melt the butter at low temperature.
- Raise the temperature to medium / high, add the preheated milk Add the reserved mixture, salt and nutmeg.
- Stir continuously with wooden spoon until it takes a semi-thick consistency.
- If you want bechamel with cheese: Add the cheese to the preparation, continue stirring continuously for 2 minutes.