Lite Eggplant Parmesan (meal or sandwich) with easy homemade sauce.. We had unexpected guests and everyone loved it I'm so happy I put this easy meal together! Dipping the eggplant in olive oil gives it a fabulous flavor. I made my own sauce with tomatoes from the garden, so I can't comment on the sauce recipe, but the eggplant preparation was very flavorful and perfectly cooked.
We had unexpected guests and everyone loved it, I'm so happy I put this easy meal together! Easy, Healthy Eggplant Parmesan–Made in a Waffle Iron! Eggplant Parmesan and Zucchini Bites with Mezzetta Napa Valley Homemade Pasta Sauces! You can have Lite Eggplant Parmesan (meal or sandwich) with easy homemade sauce. using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lite Eggplant Parmesan (meal or sandwich) with easy homemade sauce.
- You need 1 can of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh basil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic crushed.
- Prepare 1 of chipotle pepper (optional), chopped and reconstituted with warm water. drain before adding to sauce..
- It’s 1 large of eggplant.
- It’s 1 cup of Fat free mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of 2% mozzarella cheese.
- You need 4 oz of fat free ricotta.
- It’s 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- It’s 3 of egg whites (approx).
- You need 1 cup of fresh baby spinach.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped mushrooms.
Know your produce. min, eggplant, italian sausages, eggplant, sandwiches. These heavenly Eggplant Parmesan Sandwiches make for an easy and delicious hot lunch. Crispy fried eggplant is layered on a ciabatta roll with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, marinara sauce, and fresh basil. I get the convenience of a simple PB&J, but I LOVE the more elaborate sandwiches.
Lite Eggplant Parmesan (meal or sandwich) with easy homemade sauce. instructions
- preheat oven to 350°F..
- peel eggplant and slice in half horizontally from top. Slice eggplant into thin slices approximately 1/2" thick and about 3-4" long. think steak fry size..
- dredge eggplant into egg whites then toss into bread crumbs..
- line eggplant slices flat on pan covered with foil and Pam..
- bake for 20 minutes, flip and cook another 10 minutes. keep foil..
- while cooking eggplant, prepare sauce. combine tomatoes, vinegar, pre-soaked chipotle peppers, basil and garlic..
- combine all 3 cheeses in a separate bowl..
- combine ingredients alternating sauce, eggplant, cheese, spinach and mushrooms until all combined. make sure to top with cheese..
- cover with foil from earlier and bake for 30 minutes..
Quick and Easy Vegetarian Eggplant Parmesan Sandwich is the perfect comfort food recipe for any meal. Don't you just love all that cheesy goodness? This eggplant Parmesan sandwich is now my favorite. Delicious eggplant parmesan spaghetti recipe with deep fried golden eggplant topped with mozzarella cheese and This Eggplant Parmesan Spaghetti combines the deeply flavored tomato meat sauce with crispy Recipe adapted from My Home Cooked Meals by Namiko Chen of Just One Cookbook. Dip eggplant slices in egg whites, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.