Chicken pot pie Mornay. Enjoy this chicken pot pie filled with peas and carrots – a delightful dinner made using Original Bisquick® mix. This chicken pot pie is a step away from the traditional pot pie, as it uses puff pastry, rotisserie chicken, California blended vegetables, a sauce reminiscent of a Mornay sauce. Learn how to make one of the most comforting of all comfort food recipes of all time.chicken pot pie!
It's cozy comfort food that's wonderful in the winter! Can Chicken Pot Pie be Frozen? Yes, there's a reason this is a typical freezer meal you can buy from the store. You can have Chicken pot pie Mornay using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken pot pie Mornay
- Prepare 1 packages of brocolli, califlower, carrots ( in you grocery fresh bagged salad section).
- You need 1 packages of sliced cremini mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of rotisserie chicken, pulled off the bone.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 3 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of grated white cheddar.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 2 can of crescent rolls.
This homemade chicken pot pie recipe streamlines your work by using frozen peas and carrots and Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts. Swap out chicken for turkey or try a different frozen veggie combo to put your own unique spin on this old-fashioned favorite. How to make chicken pot pie. To begin, dust a clean, dry work surface with flour and place the puff pastry over top.
Chicken pot pie Mornay step by step
- Steam the fresh veggies, put in a collander to drain the water.
- Melt butter in a deep frying pan, add flour, stir making a roux.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring until thick.
- Add salt and nutmeg.
- Add cheeses, stir until melted. If the mornay sauce seems to thick you can add more milk to thin at this point.
- Once the cheese has melted, add veggies and chicken, stir to mix. remove from heat.
- Butter a baking dish, and press one can of cresant rolls on the bottom, closing the seems.
- Pour the chicken mixture in the prepared crust.
- Lay the second can of crescant rolls over the top. ( I seperate them and make a curly center with the tips..wide sides out. Works great with a round dish).
- Bake about 30 minutes in a 350 oven.
- Let stand for about 15 minutes, then dig in!.
Sprinkle the pastry with flour and Best chicken pot pie. We have this regularly now with leftover chicken from smoked roast chicken. Only difference is using brandy instead of cognac. Here's a from-scratch Chicken Pot Pie adapted from Marshall Field's classic recipe. With a slow-cooked chicken, a creamy vegetable filling If you are looking for an old fashioned, traditional chicken pot pie, made from a whole chicken, freshly cut vegetables, and a flaky homemade crust, this is it!