Enchiladas – Red or White Sauce. Lately I've been making these enchiladas like crazy because they're so good and easy to make! And this is how to make them. Does not use Red or Green enchilada sauce but is quite a winner!!!
This EASY red enchilada sauce is not an authentic, from-dried-chile-peppers enchilada sauce that you'll find in Texas or Mexico, but rather a quick and easy version that anyone can whip up in their kitchen using basic pantry staples. Pour extra red sauce over enchiladas. Pour in the red sauce (note that some canned Mexican sauce is quite PICOSO [look it up] so you'll want to do your homework if you're sensitive to flames shooting from your eyeballs) and chicken broth and stir the mix together. You can cook Enchiladas – Red or White Sauce using 22 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Enchiladas – Red or White Sauce
- You need of TIP: Leftover chicken works great!.
- Prepare 5 of Chicken breasts and/or thighs..
- It’s 15-18 of corn tortillas.
- You need 1 cup of diced green onion.
- It’s 1/2 of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of taco seasoning.
- Prepare of Creamy White Sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Chicken broth.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of garlic salt or to taste.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese.
- It’s 1 large of or 2 small tomatoes, diced and set aside.
- You need 1 of jalepeno, diced small and set aside.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of bell pepper diced and set aside.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Red onion diced and set aside.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sour cream.
Homemade Red Enchilada Sauce – this restaurant-style enchilada sauce is simple and perfect to use for enchiladas, empanadas and even casseroles. You'll never buy canned enchilada sauce again. A delicious and authentic red enchilada sauce recipe. You can also use a combination of different chiles to perfect your sauce.
Enchiladas – Red or White Sauce step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Heat olive oil in skillet on med-high. Season chicken in hot pan. Sear chicken to brown then cover and turn down heat to low-med turning periodically..
- Meanwhile in a measuring cup wisk together the flour and half of the milk, this prevents lumps. In a large saucepan melt better and pour in milk mixture and stir frequently on low-med heat..
- Once it thickens continue to wisk and add chicken broth, the seasonings and remaining milk..
- Continue to stir periodically for 10 min. It will begin to simmer..
- When chicken is done, place on a cookie sheet or platter to cool. When cooled shred the chicken.
- Stir in the pepper jack cheese and diced vegetables. Cook on low stirring periodically should be thickened some again..
- Stir in sour cream. Taste for any seasoning adjustments you want to make. If sauce is not thickened wisk together a bit more flour in a small amount of milk and add to sauce. Stir on med. Heat and it will thicken. You don't want it too thick, it will also thicken some in the oven..
- In a glass 9×11 pan place a little sauce in the bottom. Using tongs place tortilla in the sauce covering it completely until softened to roll up..
- Drain sauce from tortilla then place the tortilla in the pan, put some shredded chicken and cheddar cheese on tortilla and roll up till snug..
- Repeat for all the tortillas, placing them close together..
- Cover all the tortillas with the remaining sauce and top with the remaining cheddar cheese and green onions. Bake for 20 minutes..
- If tortillas are not mostly covered in sauce cover the pan while baking. ENJOY!.
Use this delicious red chile sauce for enchiladas or anywhere else you need a red chile sauce. This red enchilada sauce can be mild, medium or spicy, depending on the. Although there was no Enchilada Red Sauce involved in her simply prepared gastronomical delight, they were no less delicious and I would eat them as I started by making Red Enchilada Sauce and I have to admit to having only made it once before many years ago. I wanted it to be smooth right from. While researching red enchilada sauce recipes I came across a range of recipes.