Leeks with chicken in white sauce. Thin sliced chicken cutlets sauteed in a white wine sauce with leeks and sun-dried tomatoes. Chicken Breast with Creamy Green Peppercorn Sauce – Greedy Gourmet. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside.
An earlier version was braised, but we made some improvements because we'd rather have a better dinner than a spotless record. The history of braised chicken thighs with leeks and mushrooms. Our sautéed chicken breast is topped with sautéed leeks tossed with Parmesan cheese for an easy chicken recipe that is good enough for We love how the sweetness of the leeks complements the chicken, and a handful of Parmesan cheese adds a nice richness. You can have Leeks with chicken in white sauce using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Leeks with chicken in white sauce
- Prepare 1 pound of chicken (boneless, skinless).
- Prepare 2 of medium carrots.
- You need 4 cups of leeks.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
- It’s of For the sauce:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated cheese (parmigiano, pecorino, etc).
Cut the chicken into fork-sized pieces and place in the hot sauce. Place on a baking sheet and bake until risen. Serve the chicken and leeks with a circle of. Good stuff I used chicken thighs with skin and did not make a sauce out of the pan dripping from chicken.
Leeks with chicken in white sauce instructions
- In a large pan, (I use one that goes into the oven as well,) heat the oil. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces or larger if you prefer. I used both thigh- and breast-meat. Season with a bit salt and pepper before throwing it into the pan. Cook the meat for a few minutes..
- Next add the chopped carrots. Cook for a few more minutes. Next add the dried basil and the paprika..
- Next add the chopped leeks. Let them sweat for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle some salt to help with the process..
- In the meantime preheat the oven to 400° F (200°C). Make the sauce. You can do it in advance also. In a small sauce pan melt the butter. Next stir in the flour. Then add the milk. Stir continously till it thickens. Take it off the heat and add the grated cheese..
- Once the leeks have started to brown add the sauce. Might add some extra cheese on top. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until nicely browned..
- Once you take it out of the oven, let sit for about 10 minutes, then enjoy!.
There was way too much grease and fat for that. Splash of white wine or Noilly Prat vermouth. Prepare the sauce by mixing the cream cheese, mustard, milk, and a grind of pepper. Taste and adjust to your palate. When everything is cooked, drain the pasta and put it back into the dry saucepan with.