White sauce cheesy chicken casserole. This white sauce, also known as Béchamel sauce, is one of France's four "mother sauces," and it's a perfect complement to many dishes. Pair it with vegetables, turn it into a creamy casserole or ladle it over seafood or sliced chicken. MORE+ LESS This chicken casserole is cooked in the white sauce along with spinach, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.
Chicken Florentine casserole, which can also be adapted with either fish or shrimp, lies on a bed of spinach leaves and mushrooms, has a creamy white sauce mixed with garlic, Parmesan cheese, and Italian Cheesy chicken-broccoli casserole. Eat as-is or serve over mashed potatoes or rice. This isn't your every day enchiladas. You can have White sauce cheesy chicken casserole using 14 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of White sauce cheesy chicken casserole
- You need of For the gravy:.
- It’s 3 cups of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 2 tablespoons of pepper (ground).
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoons of salt (or more to taste).
- It’s of For the chicken:.
- It’s 2 of large chicken breast.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- It’s of For the rest of the ingredients:.
- Prepare 1 LB of frozen vegetables (assorted) (like peas and carrots).
- It’s 1 LB of sharp cheddar cheese (brick).
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
My chicken enchilada casserole recipe has a bit of a Southern twist. Unlike true authentic versions with enchilada sauce, I mix sour cream, cheese, and cream of chicken soup to make a creamy white sauce. Casseroles are the king of one-pot meals, and this cheesy chicken and rice recipe delivers. Everything, even the rice, cooks in a single baking dish so all you have to do is pop it into the oven.
White sauce cheesy chicken casserole step by step
- For the gravy:.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of the flour and stir the butter and flour until lightly combined.
- Add the milk.
- Stir with a whisk for 12 minutes.
- Add the rest of the flour to help thicken.
- Stir (consistently) for another 5 minutes.
- Add pepper and salt.
- (If it is not very thick, add another small handful of flour until thick) (never stop stirring).
- Take off heat once thick.
- For the chicken:.
- Boil water.
- Add chicken to the water and let boil until the chicken is soft, tender, and completely cooked.
- Shred the chicken.
- For the rest:.
- Let the frozen veggies thaw.
- Shred the cheese brick.
- For assemble:.
- Mix together the vegetables, chicken, and gravy.
- Place the gravy mix on the bottom of a 9×13 in glass casserole dish.
- Top the gravy mixture with salt and pepper.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted!.
- Notes: the cheese must be in a block. It will be better than already shredded cheese..
- It is best to assemble all your ingredients before cooking. This is a quick recipe and will be best if you are not running around looking for ingredients.
- It is best to make the chicken first so that it is ready when you need it!.
In under an hour, you have juicy, white meat chicken covered with melted cheddar cheese over a bed. Easy Chicken Casserole is creamy and savory, made with chicken, onion, and bell peppers in a seasoned sauce with crackers and cheddar cheese, in Easy Chicken Casserole is the PERFECT throw-together weeknight dinner recipe. You can make it ahead and freeze it, or put it together that. Chicken a la King is chicken in a cream sauce, often with mushrooms, frequently served over pasta. This casserole takes the dish to another level by adding pimientos, celery, and cheddar cheese and baking it all together under a layer of buttery breadcrumbs.