spinach mushroom n cheese enchiladas with white sauce. Stir in the sour cream, cilantro and reserved mushroom mixture; heat through. Spoon sauce over top; sprinkle with cheese. Remove half of the mushroom mixture and set aside, reserving for the sauce.
Add the spinach; season with salt and pepper. I followed the filling part exactly – only changing the store-bought red enchilada sauce to a homemade creamy white garlic sauce, as I prefer a white sauce with spinach. I simply sauted minced garlic in a small amount of butter – and added my thickener, flour in this case, to make a typical Roux, before adding half and half to the mixture until. You can have spinach mushroom n cheese enchiladas with white sauce using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of spinach mushroom n cheese enchiladas with white sauce
- It’s 40 oz of frozen spinach.
- Prepare 4 packages of onion soup mix.
- You need 9 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 2 large of cartons of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 4 box of fresh mushrooms.
- You need 28 of flour tortillas.
Roll tortilla, tuck ends underneath and place on a baking pan. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. In a medium bowl, combine both kinds of shredded cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish.
spinach mushroom n cheese enchiladas with white sauce instructions
- preheat oven at 350.
- mix (thawed n drained) spinach, (rinsed n chopped) mushrooms, cheese, n soup mix..
- warm tortillas. stuff n three fold..
- pour heavy cream on before baking (covered) for 20 minutes, uncover for 10 more (sprinkle mo' cheese)..
- let cool for 15 before serving..
- 24 servings..
Check seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed. To assemble, spoon chicken mixture on top of tortillas, one by one. Top with plenty of cheese and roll up. Pour cheese mixture all over the top of the tortillas. For the Sauce: In a small sauce pan combine lime juice, chicken broth, and garlic powder.