Colourful Black Bean Salad. The sweet, nutty flavor of jicama adds a delightful crunch to this salad. Peel the skin with a potato peeler or paring knife before cutting the crisp, white flesh. In a container that has a tight fitting lid, combine beans with corn, pepper, both types of onions.
Black beans are packed with healthy nutrients. If you are pressed for time and want to have it ready in advance, I would recommend having the separate ingredients prepared. This salad is a kaleidoscope of color and taste – black beans, yellow corn, green peppers, and red, red tomatoes. You can cook Colourful Black Bean Salad using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Colourful Black Bean Salad
- It’s 200 g of canned Black Beans *OR cook dried black beans in slightly salted water.
- You need 1 cup of Frozen Corn Kernels.
- You need 1/2-1 of each Red & Green Capsicum.
- It’s 1 of Avocado.
- You need 1 of Tomato.
- It’s 1/2 of Red Onion.
- You need 1/2 bunch of Coriander.
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of Lime OR Lemon Juice.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic *grated or finely chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- You need 1/2-1 of Chilli *finely chopped.
- It’s to taste of Salt & Pepper.
Lime juice, garlic and jalapeno give it some punch. It can also be used as a dip with tortilla chips. This is a very colourful side dish that I serve with jerk chicken or barbecued steaks. I quite often will take this to a pot luck along with several copies of the recipe, as it is always requested.
Colourful Black Bean Salad instructions
- Cut Capsicums, Tomato, Red Onion, Coriander into about same size as Corn and Black Beans. Roughly cut Avocado..
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Season with Salt & Pepper..
For more of a bite, add a finely chopped jalapeño directly to the salad in addition to the sliced jalapeños on top. I've made this black bean corn salad twice this week! Once as a side dish when I had dinner with the in-laws (served it with roasted chicken and couscous) and once as a It's fresh, colorful, crunchy, flavorful and goes well topped on grilled chicken or fish or served as a salsa appetizer with tortilla chips. Smoky Black Bean and Corn Salad — Perfect as a side salad or salsa for chips, this black bean salad has fresh corn, tomatoes, onion, and lime. Lemony White Bean Salad with Prosciutto — This Mediterranean inspired bean salad has creamy white beans, salty prosciutto, parmesan cheese.