enchilada lasagna. Spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a medium casserole dish. Making your enchilada sauce from scratch is easy and so worth it. Swap out lasagna noodles for corn tortillas and layer between chicken breast, cheese, herbs and a tongue-sizzling sauce.
You'll want to scrape clean because the enchilada sauce is that good. Yep, we made enchilada sauce from scratch. I started with some enchilada sauce (I used a small can), then layered the tortillas, cauliflower, whole black beans, and finely grated mozzarella. You can cook enchilada lasagna using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of enchilada lasagna
- Prepare 18 of corn tortilas.
- You need 1 bunch of green onion.
- It’s 1 of sweet onion.
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro.
- It’s 1 lb of diced chicken breast.
- It’s 1 can of fire roasted green chilies.
- You need 1 can of enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1 of lime.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of cheddar cheese.
Mexican lasagna makes great leftovers, too! You can even serve it with eggs for breakfast. Like traditional lasagna, this casserole also freezes. Not completely healthy,but not awful like traditional lasagna or enchiladas.
enchilada lasagna step by step
- preheat oven to 350.
- cook the chicken with half the amount of the green onion, the sweet onion, and the cilantro. add the whole can of green chilies and the juice from the lime. cook until chicken is done..
- heat the enchilada sauce on medium..
- dunk 6 of the tortilas in the sauce and layer the bottom of your pan with them. layer half your chicken on top add cheese..
- repeat step 4.
- finish with the last 6 sauced tortilas.
- top with the rest of the cheese, sweet onion, green onion, and cilantro. bake for 25 mins then let rest for 10 to 15 mins to cool off.
I used the last ofsome random ingredients in my fridge-zucchini, green peppers,olives. Summary: It's our classic one-dish wonder. This Mexican casserole is like a big fat lasagna, with layers of tortillas instead of the traditional noodles. Enchiladas consist of a tortilla that is usually dipped in a chile-based sauce, then stuffed with various fillings such as cheese, meat, or fish. Then it is rolled up, baked, and topped with sauces, onions.