Aztec salad. This salad will please all your senses, and leftovers are just as good as the fresh meal! This delicious salad is also a visual feast. It may be made in advance and keeps well for several days.
Fresh sliced avocado also goes perfect over top if your. Aztec Salsa. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Top aztec salad recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com. You can have Aztec salad using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Aztec salad
- Prepare of salad.
- Prepare 2 can of 15 oz. black beans drained and rinsed..
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper seeded and diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely chopped red onion.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper seeded and diced.
- You need 1 packages of 10 oz. frozen corn thawed or two cups fresh or one 15 oz. canned corn kernels drained..
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro.
- It’s 3 of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of seasoned rice vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 of juice of lemon or lime.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 of chipotle chile in adobo diced (I add two instead of pepper flake).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red pepper flake or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
My attempt to calculate the nutrion from the delicious Aztec Chicken Salad at our office's cafeteria. This salad is lovely and can be made ahead. Add or subtract the chipotles to fit your own taste. I have also replaced the cilantro with Italian parsley when served to someone who hates cilantro and it.
Aztec salad step by step
- Combine beans, onion, bell peppers, corn, tomatoes, and cilantro..
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegars, lime juice, garlic, cumin, coriander, red pepper flake and chipotle. I use a hand held immersion blender to mix really well..
- Pour over salad and toss gently..
- I let it sit for at least an hour so that flavors will blend. Even better the next day..
- If you like add diced avacado..
Unique from Azteca, Salad Shells that you bake up fresh at In minutes, you'll enjoy crispy Salad Shells perfect for filling with one of the recipes below or your own. Aztec Salad Recipe. by Global Cookbook. Drain and rinse the beans and place them in a large salad bowl with the onions, peppers, tomatoes, corn and cilantro. This salad packs plenty of protein, in a no-fat dressing. · Easy grilled zucchini salad with charred corn, feta cheese and peppery arugula is a delicious, gluten free and vegetarian summer salad. Easy, tasty, and visually vibrant; this salad was a staple at spring and summertime picnics and barbeques in my house growing up.