Mike's Spicy Mexican Shrimp Ceviche. Ceviche is truly a Latin American dish. It's a favorite along the coasts of Mexico, Ecuador, Colombia, Chile, and Peru. It typically includes chili peppers, unlike this adaptation, which uses onions, cumin, and cilantro for spice.
Last year I marveled at a chef demonstration when he so easily and quickly demonstrated homemade ceviche. Pathetically, I hadn't realized that the seafood was "cooked" from the acidity of. Spicy shrimp ceviche served with avocado, celery and olive, perfect as an appetizer or a late night snack. You can have Mike's Spicy Mexican Shrimp Ceviche using 29 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Mexican Shrimp Ceviche
- You need 3 Pounds of Pre-steamed Jumbo Shrimp [chopped – tails removed].
- It’s 4 of Habenero Peppers [fine chopped].
- It’s 4 of EX Large Jalapeños [2 fine diced 2 sliced].
- It’s 2 Cups of Calmato Juice [or more – well shaken – no substitutes].
- You need 3 tbsp of Tapatio Hot Pepper Sauce [or more – no substitutes].
- You need 1 of EX LG Cucumber [fine diced – seeds removed].
- You need 1 of LG EX Firm Tomato [small chop].
- You need 1/2 of Green Bell Pepper [fine minced].
- Prepare 1/2 of Red Bell Pepper [fine minced].
- You need 1/2 of Yellow Bell Pepper [fine minced].
- You need 1/2 of Vidalia Onion [fine diced].
- It’s 1/2 of Red Onion [fine diced].
- You need 1/2 Cup of Fresh Radishes [sliced].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Fresh Fine Minced Garlic.
- It’s 1 Cup of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- Prepare to taste of Pickled Onions & Carrots [optional].
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Mexican Oregano [crushed].
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Ground Cumin [or less].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Chives [fine chopped].
- It’s to taste of Cracked Sea Salt.
- It’s to taste of Cracked Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar [optional if not using Vidalia onions].
- Prepare of ● For The Options.
- You need as needed of Sliced Avocados [to be added just prior to serving].
- Prepare as needed of Cream Cheese.
- It’s as needed of Garlic Triskets.
- You need as needed of Tortilla Chips.
- You need as needed of Pita Chips.
In large bowl, gently toss ceviche ingredients. In medium bowl, mix marinade ingredients with whisk. Ceviches typically use lime juice to cook raw fish. Spicy shrimp ceviche served with avocado, celery and olives – a popular appetizer.
Mike's Spicy Mexican Shrimp Ceviche instructions
- Chop up all of your fresh vegetables and add all other ingredients. Mix well..
- Jumbo Shrimp pictured..
- Clamato and Tapatio Mexican Hot Sauce pictured. If you use any other brands – I can't guarantee the outcome. 😔.
- Chill for at least 3 or, 12 hours if possible. Serve with fresh crispy saltine crackers, Triskets, cream cheese, additional hot sauce and ice cold Mexican beers with lime wedges. This is also great wrapped in flour tortillas..
These Mexican Shrimp Ceviche Tostadas are fresh, fabulous and bursting with flavor! Easy to make and even easier to devour, this ceviche recipe is a party for your tastebuds! Ceviche, also called cebiche or seviche, is one of the dishes that I enjoy having in summer, even though the weather is starting to tell me otherwise. Each region will have its own version using the fish or seafood available in the region. It all depends whether you are on the.