Almost chicken enchiladas casserole. LOVE this easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe! It's made with the best homemade enchilada sauce, and layered with corn tortillas, cheese, beans, and your favorite fillings. This chicken enchilada casserole is creamy cheesy perfection and it's so easy to throw together since everything is layered together instead of rolled.
I like to make Chicken Enchilada Casserole instead or regular (individual) chicken enchiladas when I have other things to do. It's cheesy, it's spicy, it's sinfully delicious. I love chicken enchiladas and this casserole is even easier to make than making regular chicken enchiladas because you just layer your ingredients. You can have Almost chicken enchiladas casserole using 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Almost chicken enchiladas casserole
- It’s of chicken.
- Prepare 6 large of chicken breasts skinless and boneless.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of paprika.
- You need 1/4 cup of annatto powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of sauce.
- Prepare 28 oz of canned diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of whole leaf oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of chopped parsley.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 3 tbsp of sofrito.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 small of onion chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, sliced.
- It’s of topping.
- You need 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- You need 2 cup of shredded monetary jack colby cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of garnish.
- You need 2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pickled jalapeño peppers.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped cilantro.
Make it Perfect First Time and Every Time. Don't miss out, check the full post above. Almost every recipe includes easy step by step photo instructions so you. If you've been craving the taste of real Mexican.
Almost chicken enchiladas casserole instructions
- Preheat oven 350° Fahrenheit.
- Coat large saute pan with oil. Season chicken with with cumin, annatto powder, granulated garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika before turning. After you turn sprinkle the bottom next. Cook till chicken is done. Remove chicken to a platter, allow to cool..
- Saute onion and garlic clove in chicken drippings until tender. Stir well to combine. Add canned tomatoes, saute 1 minute. Add oregano, turmeric, and sofrito. Add tomato paste to thicken just a bit. Let simmer for 15 minutes..
- Pull chicken breasts apart by hand into shredded strips. add sauce to pan just enough to cover bottom. Add shredded chicken to pan, add tomatoes on top of the chicken..
- Add cheeses on top. Bake in oven 15- 20 minutes..
- Let cool just a bit. Add sour cream to top. Then peppers, and cilantro. Serve hope you enjoy!.
Chicken, corn, black beans, cheese and flour tortillas in a spicy enchilada sauce, healthy has never felt so indulgent as this Chicken Enchilada Casserole. I'm telling you, this casserole is so easy to make and so crazy delicious, you (and your family members) will find yourself craving it all the time! This delicious chicken enchilada casserole recipe is made with sour cream, diced chicken, mushrooms, peppers, tortillas, cheese, and seasonings. Creamy chicken and green chilies I use the regular sized tortillas. not the large ones. I overlap the tortillas to make the layer.